Norfolk Street station is an open-cut station on the Newark City Subway Line of the Newark Light Rail, and the first following the line leaving the Raymond Boulevard tunnel. It is located on Norfolk Street just south of Central Avenue in University Heights.
Norfolk Street station was originally built by Public Service Corporation of New Jersey on May 26, 1935, and contained a connection to the Central Avenue line until December 14, 1947 when the route was converted into bus route #23.
Institutions near the station include Science Park High School, the New Jersey Institute of Technology, the New Jersey Medical School, the New Jersey Dental School, the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, the School of Health Related Professions, and the School of Nursing. The historic, and now abandoned, Essex County Jail is adjacent to the station.
Owlapps.net - 2012-2062 - Les chouettes applications du hibou