Montfermeil (French pronunciation: [mɔ̃fɛʁmɛj] (listen)) is a commune in the eastern suburbs of Paris, France. It is located 17.2 km (10.7 mi) from the center of Paris.
Montfermeil is famous as the location of Thénardiers' inn in Les Misérables. It has made the headlines due to troubles in its social estate called "les Bosquets".
Points of interest
- Parc Arboretum de Montfermeil
- Sempin Windmill
Montfermeil at one time had the head office of Titus Software.
Montfermeil is served by two stations of the Paris Métro, RER, or suburban rail network. The closest stations are Le Raincy-Villemomble-Montfermeil and Le Chénay-Gagny.
Schools in Montfermeil:
- Seven combined preschools and elementary schools: L'Arc en Ciel, Paul Eluard, Jules Ferry, Danielle Casanova, Victor Hugo, Jean-Baptiste Clement, and Joliot Curie
- Junior high schools: Jean Jaures and Pablo Picasso
- Ladj Ly, filmmaker
- Samba Diakité, footballer
- Abdoul Diakité, footballer
- Larrys Mabiala, footballer
- Christopher Maboulou, footballer
- Kamulete Makiese, footballer
- Orphee Neola, athlete
- Kevynn Nyokas, handball player
- Olivier Nyokas, handball player
- Listner Pierre-Louis, footballer
- Johny Placide, footballer
- Mamadou Samassa, footballer
- Joel Sami, footballer
- Metehan Güçlü, footballer
- Communes of the Seine-Saint-Denis department
- Official website (in French)